Become a member
Sign up to be an Indie York member – your first step in putting your independent business on the map!
If you run an independent business in York and would like to join us, we'd love to hear from you! Enjoy the many benefits of Indie York membership. As well as your own Indie York online profile, your business can feature on the Indie York paper map and also benefit from social media interaction and social networking events.
Indie York is a not-for-profit Community Association - working together for the good of us all.
For your business to qualify for Indie York membership you will need to fulfill the following criteria:
- You must have a business address within York Outer Ring Road
- You must have a recognised trading point/base where the public can visit (not a virtual address)
- Your business must conform to City of York trading standards
- You must have no more than 5 branches
- You are not part of a large chain of shops
- Your business must be bona fide
- Your business must meet the standards required of the YIBA membership panel*
*Please note York Independent Business Association (YIBA) at their own discretion reserves the right to not approve a business in some circumstances.
Get started today:
- Register your details using the form below
- Once approved, sign in with your account details and make your membership payment online
- You will then be able to create your business profile and upload your photos. (subject to YIBA approval)
- Once live, you will be able to log in and edit your profile as and when neccessary
The Membership fee is £75 p/a which helps to cover running costs.
Join by 15th September 2019 in order to secure a place on the newest edition of the paper map in addition to your online profile.
We look forward to welcoming you as a member of Indie York- working together for the good of us all.